- On August 10, 2016
- 0 Comments
Summer season is here and most of us already have plans for vacations and travelling. We should also think about the environment and what are the consequences of our trips. We can do a lot to make our travel a great adventure and we can do a lot to make our travel green.
What is green travelling?
Green travel, eco-travel, sustainable travel – all those mean that you as a traveler should be conscious of the environment. You should be aware of your impact on the environment when you travel. That means you should make low-impact choices and eco-friendly choices. Also, you should think about the carbon footprint you will leave after your vacation. So check out our tips for green travelling!
Green travel tips:
- Research your route – choose the most direct one – non-stop flight if it is possible. If the destination is closer you can go by car or train.
- Offset your carbon emissions – you can offset your carbon footprint – it doesn’t matter what kind of transport you have chosen.
- Choose an eco-friendly hotel.
- Turn the lights off when you leave the hotel.
- Reuse your towels in the hotel.
- Pack as lightly as possible – that way you will save some fuel.
- Don’t forget to turn off and unplug your electronics before you leave home.
- Buy local food.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you. That way you won’t need to buy plastic ones, you will reduce the garbage and the environmental impact.
- Respect the culture and learn about it.
- Walk to the destination if it is possible, if not – use public transport. As a real traveler, you will know that it is better to explore the place you are visiting on foot.
- Consider other low-carbon activities, besides walking around the city. Trekking, horse riding, and mountain climbing are great ways to spend your vacation.
- Don’t print your tickets for the plane, hotel or different landmarks. Most of the times you can download them as files on your smartphone or use the provided apps.
- Travel with your friends or family. Travelling in groups is way better for the environments, compared to the individual trips.
Want to become a green traveler and offset your carbon emissions now? Start by filling out our Free Assessment Form!